Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Minor Contusion

Week 15 of marathon training is now nonexistent thanks to a minor contusion and some strained neck muscles. You might be asking yourself right now how does one get a minor contusion during marathon training season? The answer is a snow tubing! Don't worry because my face broke my fall after I flew off of the tube and rolled over a few times. A quick visit to the ER last night resulted in no running for a minimum of a week and I'm not allowed to go snow tubing again any time soon. I am hoping to be cleared to run after a week and get back to training. I missed a couple of runs at the end of last week so I have not run since my 9 mile run last Wednesday. If I had chosen running over snow tubing Sunday morning, then I would probably be out running right now. I guess it's a good thing now that I was a little ahead in my training so a little time off from running won't hurt my training too much. I have a built up a pretty good base so far in my training and a few days of rest should allow my body to be in top shape for the rest of my training. I am hoping to be back in action for week 16 and be able to continue to get closer to that 26.2!

168.45 miles complete in 28:10:07 and only 109 days until conquering 26.2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment