Monday, November 12, 2012

A Weekend in Virginia

I spent the weekend in Virginia for a wedding for one of my closest friends from high school. Traveling, a wedding, celebrating and seeing long lost friends are all factors that could easily prevent you from working out. Since I am serious about training for this marathon, I made sure that I fit in time to get in all of my workouts. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend in Virginia and the temperature was in the high 60's all weekend. It was so nice to see friends that I do not get to see often and to just get away for the weekend. I arrived in Virginia Friday afternoon and went to the bar next door to the hotel for dinner with one of my best friends from home. That evening was the bachelorette party, which was pretty low key, and we stayed up late catching up with the bride since we do not get to see her very often. We were able to spend some time with her early Saturday morning while she was getting ready for the wedding. After we went to breakfast, I knew that I needed to get my workout in during the morning or else I would not have time that day. I went down to the fitness center in the hotel and planned to do a quick 4 mile run on the treadmill. There were two treadmills in the fitness center and one of them did not even work. I turned on the other one and it sounded like it was going to break so I got off. I knew that running outside was now my only option. I am so glad that I went running outside because it was an absolutely beautiful day out. I was out running in shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of November in a beautiful town in Virginia. I completed a 4 mile run in 36:51, which is a 9:13 pace. After my run, I got ready for the wedding and it could not have been a better day for one of your closest high school friends to get married. Everything at the wedding and reception was fall themed and it was such an incredible day. I am so happy that I got to see some of my closest friends and share in such a special day. On Sunday morning, I decided to get my workout in before I left because I knew that I would be on the road all day. Since Sunday's are cross training days, I decided to do 3 miles on the elliptical, which took me about 30 minutes. After my workout, showering, packing and breakfast, it was time to head back to reality. The trip was way to short and I was not quite ready to leave Virginia yet, but it was the perfect way to end week 2 of training!

39 miles complete in 6:01:34 and only 194 days until conquering 26.2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment