Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sunset Run

Today was one of those days that I had to force myself to get out for a run. It's not that I did not want to run. I just needed a little kick to get out of the door. After standing and moving around your classroom all day, sometimes all you want to do is sit on your couch and be a bum at the end of the day. So that is exactly what I did when I got home from a meeting after school today. This whole daylight savings time is really messing up my running schedule. When I noticed that the sun was quickly getting lower, I realized that I needed to get out for a run so that I did not have to get stuck on the treadmill today. Once I laced up my beautiful running kicks and got outside, I was more than ready to run. All of a sudden the thought of a nice three miler really got rid of any laziness that I was feeling. I started out at a pretty quick pace and was feeling pretty good so I decided to go through some of the hills in my neighborhood today. I have been doing a lot of running on flat land lately so I decided that it was time to kick my workout up a notch. I was maintaining the quick pace as I began to run up the first hill and I sure was feeling the burn today. It was the good kind of burn though because I knew that I was pushing myself and getting a much better workout in today. Today's run was quick and a little tough, but I felt so good once I was finally finished. I also was able to watch the beautiful sunset as I was finishing my run. My favorite time of day to run is at dusk. I love being able to run as the sun sets and watch the sky turn into such beautiful colors. I also love the cooler temperatures that come at dusk, especially in the summer time. And let's not forget the fact that I am not much of a morning person. I do run in the morning quite frequently, but I'd take a dusk run over a run at dawn any day. And the best part of the run was that I finished a hilly 3 miles in 27:03, which is a 9:01 pace.

32 miles complete in 4:54:43 and only 198 days until conquering 26.2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment