Sunday, November 4, 2012

Burning it Off BEFORE Breakfast

Since Sunday's are cross training days, I decided to do an easy recovery run today. There is a group of us that run together on Sunday mornings at the rail trail during the winter months. Today was our first Sunday group run this year and we were greeted this morning with a light snowfall throughout our run. I do not think that anyone really minded because the thought of a nice warm breakfast and a coffee or a hot beverage after kept us all warm. We always go out to breakfast after Sunday morning runs and Panera is our favorite Sunday morning spot. If you run first, then you do not feel guilty when you see all of the calories listed next to every item on the menu at Panera. When you burn off the calories before breakfast, there is no shame in ordering something that is double the amount of calories that you just burned off. Meals are a very important part of running and training. Before I was a runner, I used to live my life from meal to meal. However, I now live my life from meal to run to meal to meal to run to meal, etc. After all, doesn't every good run deserve a caloric reward?! And this morning's run led me right to that bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. Sandy, Lori and I ran an easy 3 miles and completed it in 31:19. I had my splits turned off again today, but I did check my pace at the end of our run. I would say that a 10:27 pace was pretty good for what was supposed to be an easy run day. I was quite happy with our run this morning and it felt good to be out for a pressure free run. This morning's run ended week 1 of training. I have run 23 miles total since last Sunday, but I was not totally happy with every run. I'm heading into week 2 more focused and with a better attitude. I do have 29 more weeks to go and it's only going to get harder from here, but I am more than ready for this.

23 miles complete in 3:29:20 and only 202 days until conquering 26.2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment